In Flux

Current Employee - Sales  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Becoming more HP like and customer centric

Cons

time of instability and uncertainty

Quicken the process to integrate

Other Reviews for Autonomy

HP is making a big difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New management really gets it. Things are starting to turn around, but there's a ways to go.

Cons

There are lots of challenges, and it will take a while to fix what is broken.

Let us have more access to HP's systems and infrastructure.

Should never have taken the job offered to me here

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- They hire college grads with potential
    - Great people in the office. Really feel like you're in the trenches together.
    - Smart people: you will learn a lot
    - Great office with a great view.
    - Fantastic initial compensation and benefits package
    - If you get in with the right group, you're set for life (see con #1)

Cons

- If you don't get in with the main clique or if you anger/annoy any of them, you experience all of the following cons
    - No career growth or development. You just get shuffled around with no direction to where they need people (usually the less glamorous teams)
    - No positives on the horizon. One of the reasons I had left is that no one around me had seen raises, promotions, or bonuses of any kind for 5+ years.
    - Culture is very negative. Very much a thought of "let's just suck it up and do this so we don't get yelled at" instead of "let's do this because it's good business"
    - Non IDOL software is extremely buggy and bugs go unfixed for months unless support hammers into development.
    - Accountability almost always comes back to support. An issue taken up with management goes to support. Issues in development come from customers to support, back to development, who tries to say that the customer is wrong even if support has verified the issue. Sales reps, on-site consultants, and more- all issues just keep coming back to support.
    - Huge turnover. A lot of senior guys who hadn't seen any positives in years left, making it harder to learn or master the products. With only college grads coming in, it's hard to keep experts around.

All that said, it's possible this is all changing due to HP's takeover and executive level changes. So take this with a grain of salt. Make sure this is a job you really want to do before taking the offer or it will hurt your future career.

I'm aware that the transition to HP is changing things slowly so it may be getting better. But to any still there from Autonomy- good managers reward success, reprimand failure, and shield their team from flak from above. They don't pass the blame and cover their own hide.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!