There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Great place to start a career. Small Teams - Big Tech.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Autonomy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent middle management. I worked in a small team, with a very bright manager who possessed an excellent confluence of traits. He was friendly, patient, and a great teacher - always available if I had a question or got stuck on something. Furthermore, he started me off with excellent assignments that got me diving into the code base and getting things done right away. In the long term, there were going to be some bigger architectural redesigns that were going to be a lot of fun to work on. - Free soda / coffee / tea / etc all the time, and good free food on Fridays. - Work/life balance was exceptional. No one was in competition to stay the latest. I kept very reasonable hours. - Business was growing. Lots of opportunity to advance at the company in the long term, and its nice being at a company with plenty of cash flow. - I only left to go back to graduate school for my PhD. Otherwise, I would have been happy there for the foreseeable future.

Cons

-The office space is a bit old fashioned (lots of cubicles), but at least the views are nice in the breakroom etc. - Also, its worth pointing out that the company has changed hands several times in the past few years. Many of the bad reviews on this site I don't think are accurate. The environment at autonomy changed significantly in early 2012, after being purchased by HP. I wouldn't give much weight to reviews before early/mid 2012.

Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy

Great people but poor benefits

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Autonomy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people and culture are great

Cons

rewards and lack of performance reviews

Advice to Management

performance reviews

Autonomy should be called Ambiguity, an HP Company

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Jose, CA

I worked at Autonomy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was decent ....but only because I came from one of many acquisitions.

Cons

NO direction OVERBEARING micro management. Weekly ridiculous SMS calls that are a waste of sales time. Integration with HP....what integration? Actual process to get a sales order booked is a complete disaster. I could run cross country faster.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves!! Start reading these reviews....do you see the stream of people leaving? Should tell you something....