Autonomy

www.autonomy.com

Pretty from the outside. Nightmare on the inside.

Business Development (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgood free lunch on Fridays.
The product is well marketed and when it works can be a game changer.
Great people at the worker level.
great location in san francisco.

Cons*High attrition. The ones who saw the disaster coming left and the others who chose to stay are struggling to transition with little to no support through internal channels.
*Low morale due to management ruling through fear and intimidation. HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone. One can only dread who is left to run the ship.
*Resources and tools are either scattered and/or broken. Company does not eat it's own dog food. There is no loss of ironic laughter when hearing your co-workers complain about the need for "a better search solution".
*CRM system is broken and it will make your work a nightmare if you're on the sales side of the company.
*No structured training offered. Meetings that were labeled as training turned out to be just marketing updates with little to no practical use for those in attendance.
*no standardized organizational charting. You'll either have to keep asking everyone you see or roll the dice with the employee address book which provides no insight towards roles and responsibilities.
*The company will seek every possible reason to either delay or deny paying commissions to it's sales people no matter how much they meet or exceed beyond their quotas. I have personally seen and experienced the agonizing frustration of dealing with management when the subject of overdue commissions are brought up.
*work is not merit based. The amount of political savvy you will need to be successful here would qualify you for a seat in congress.
The list goes on........

Advice to Senior ManagementPerform a role/performance audit on the legacy Autonomy executives which have seen their departmental staff leave in droves. The ship is being abandoned and it's not because of HP.
Pay your sales people when they bring in business.
Engage the message boards and address employee issues positively or see more people leave. How can having such a high turnover of staff be good for any business?

Started out ok but no upward movement

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: great people. good environment. decent management Cons: If you work hard you'd expect at least a raise… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

HORRIFIC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fantastic potential for technology, providing it really works Many very good people at the worker level Much of the… Cons: Corporate culture is 100 times worse than the worst company you have ever worked for - a former employee called it "Toxic" Management doesn't care about… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Most of the senior management that was there before acquisiiton need to leave. Kudos to Meg for getting rid of Lynch and some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!