Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very unprofessional motivating workplace

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsYou can pretty much do whatever you want because your managers are rarely around and there are no repercussions for not doing your work. It took one woman approximately 6 months of not ever showing up to the office to get fired.

ConsThere is no reward for trying. They lie to you about bonuses. Only the people at the top get promotions or bonuses. Nobody is very happy. Your boss will never be around. Communication is terrible. There is absolutely no training. You either figure it out or you don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to the office most days of the week (at least.). Learn the word "thank you". Don't lie to your employees about bonuses. Have a minutia of transparency.

Sales Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros: Competitive salary, benefits, high tech. Cons: Poor company culture, poor management, lack opportunities, lack training, high… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible employer, but with hidden pockets of sanity.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Job security. Plenty of lateral job mobility for competent… Cons: Widespread incompetence. Predatory management. Dysfunctional business processes. Starved… Advice to Senior Management: Mutual trust and repsect is better than fear and bullying. You will retain more quality employees that way, and gain their loyalty. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.