Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

The reign of terror is over!

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None. They bought our company and destroyed it. They didn't care about customers and cared less about employees.

The only "pro" is that HP have purchased us and everything is better. It was almost an immediate turn around in terms of message. Focus is back on customer satisfaction and it's very clear that employees are considered valuable again.

Everything

Cons

I was always proud of how much my company cared about our customers and employees and then Autonomy bought us. They clearly didn't care about our customers at all. Everything was about "new license revenue". So sorry if you were already a customer.

They treated employees like a commodity that could be replaced on a whim. It was truly a terrible few years until HP purchased us and saved us from the horrible policies and behaviour of Autonomy.

332 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Just get the deal signed - screw the customer after the sale.

Former Employee - Professional Services in Southborough, MA
    Former Employee - Professional Services in Southborough, MA

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great vacation allowance. Free lunch Fridays.
    Maybe HP can fix some of the mess?

Cons

Everything else.
    No review/raise process. Impossible to get promoted.
    Unethical sales tactics like I've never seen anywhere else.
    Support and services left holding the bag with a poor quality product that is next to impossible to implement and support.
    Secret engineering team that nobody is allowed to actually talk to. You NEVER receive feedback on any bugs submitted unless you are working with the latest hot customer (the one with the most new business riding on the success of your project). Although I can't imagine they actually get any repeat customers. I think Lynch and Co. knew they were running out of suckers and that they had no good reference customers left and that's why they sold.
    Everything is a fire drill - even planned implementations with a long sales cycle are staffed at the last minute. PS Consultants are shipped from one project to another in a big circle as each new customer becomes frustrated with the lack of knowledge and poor quality products.

Keep purging all of the Autonomy middle management and horrible anti-customer anti-support, anti-employee policies.

Very unprofessional motivating workplace

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can pretty much do whatever you want because your managers are rarely around and there are no repercussions for not doing your work. It took one woman approximately 6 months of not ever showing up to the office to get fired.

Cons

There is no reward for trying. They lie to you about bonuses. Only the people at the top get promotions or bonuses. Nobody is very happy. Your boss will never be around. Communication is terrible. There is absolutely no training. You either figure it out or you don't.

Come to the office most days of the week (at least.). Learn the word "thank you". Don't lie to your employees about bonuses. Have a minutia of transparency.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy