Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Work somewhere else first... then try here

Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

create new code that actually gets to see the light of day (you won't appreciate this point unless you've gigged in a prehistoric valley company); great travel; young environment; get to work with some awesome people; little management hierarchy; significant responsibility to get the job done

Cons

quarterly cycles and long days when there's a deadline to hit; sometimes the extra responsibility to take decisions and gets things done is a pressure

recruit people who can actually leverage the opportunities their given and not be frightened by them; keep the hierarchy 'thin' and ensure the bonuses go to those of us who've earned them!

332 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Work hard, be rewarded

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Scope for career advancement.
    Interesting projects
    Definite feel of being on "A mission"
    Access to senior management at appropriate times

Cons

Can be tough
    If you're not self motivated, don't apply.
    Better be comfortable with airports and airplanes.
    Aggressive approach, though this was honestly conveyed up front and evident immeadiatly.

A little time off would have been nice. Even the most dedicated people sometimes need some time off to themselves to recharge the batteries

great buzz. very fast paced. very rewarding, but not for the feint-hearted

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Customer Account Support in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President Customer Account Support in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

change itself.... great buzz and very fast paced while very rewarding. Get to work on integrating, supporting and selling award winning new solutions year after year for the biggest best customers in the world. This is a company that rocks and has rocked since start-up (I’ve been here for 10 years so I’m biased I admit).

Cons

change itself (depending on your character type), the great paradox about people is that they’re creatures of habit, but when habits become ingrained people go stale like old socks... evidenced by disinterest and a moaning complaining attitude. What people need is ‘change’ to stay interested, motivated and engaged, but not everyone thrives on ‘change’ because they fear its consequences. So best and the worst things about Autonomy is ‘change itself’ because It’s a constantly changing environment. Lots of people love it but those who fear change hate it and tend to spend their time moaning complaining about it. I’m not saying everything is great… don’t get me wrong, but the benefits of change far outweigh the negatives.

we do need to keep recruiting the good people and get rid of the complainers who hate change. Lots more communication of what has changed and what’s going to change would help beyond just the quarterly or so briefings.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy