There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Unique challenging culture but not for someone interested in quality of life

Pros

Autonomy tends to hire intelligent, hard working employees that are willing to adapt to the unique corporate culture. Employees will be exposed to many aspects of the business and provided with a lot of responsibility and opportunity to prove oneself.

Cons

Autonomy is a very reactionary company that puts more time and money into marketing and corporate perception than it does into product development and customer care. In general there is a culture of winning at all costs with little concern about business ethics or employee welfare. Employees will be expected to stretch the truth or outright lie in order to win a deal, which seems to happen more often than not. Having joined the company through an acquisition, I can say that it's an uphill battle for anyone not hired directly by Autonomy. It is assumed that you are beneath Autonomy's standard of excellence until you prove otherwise (if you're even given the chance). I have seen the majority of my coworkers be let go or driven out with no plan to hire replacements, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the work. If you don't take a big gulp of the Kool-Aid and step in line you won't last long at Autonomy.

Advice to Management

Show some concern and proactive effort in improving the quality of life for employees. Initiate some sort of performance review to allow for feedback to flow both directions. Compensation adjustments, bonuses, and option grants have no rhyme or reason to them and seem completely subjective.

Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy

I am not American, but if I reveal my location, it is easy to find out who I am. That will be very dangerous for losing

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

Pros

The products are great to sell, great customer names, good marketing support, payment isn't bad.

Cons

At Autonomy the employees are not trusted in advance. I will never recommend Autonomy to people who are looking for a job. My direct manager will be passed time after time and Cambridge wants to be in tight control over all employees and activities. The result of the way how Autonomy is being managed is that many people are leaving and the ones who stay are trying to be 'of the radar'. For us as sales reps does it mean that the sales support is very poor. In the SMS calls on Mondays all the people involved are shouting about things they do not understand. Another ridiculous new rule is that sales reps will be fined for $5000 if they do not meet the minimum number of meetings and proposals!

Advice to Management

Trust your people, treat them in a fair way. Let the managers manage their own people. Stop the insane SMS calls. Approach your employees in a positive way. I am confident that this will increase the revenue!

Great until you realise you're putting in crazy hours and the rewards have dried up.

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

Pros

Some of the technology is excellent and genuinely exciting but theres far too much overlap due to the number of acquisitions. Bonuses and pay rises can be good but you won't know when or if you're going to get them.

Cons

No feedback on performance, you'll either be told via email that you're getting an bonus/pay rise or you'll receive no feedback regardless of the amount of work you're putting in. Far too much micro-management from the top level. Simple things like holiday arrangements are controlled by senior management despite them not knowing or you are or what your're actually working on. Middle management have very little control and are largely tasked with reporting to the senior levels. Product development is purely sales driven, nothing happens without a sale or potential sale. When the sale does happen the pressure is put on the development team to get the product out the door as fast as possible, often with unrealistic schedules. For a company that sees information as all important theres very little internal communication and no discussion.

Advice to Management

Stop the micro managing, there are excellent mid level managers who helped build succesful companys before Autonomy stepped in. Make the process behind pay reviews and bonuses review more transparent, especially for non sales. Unrealistic development schedules need to be addressed, the quality of the product is suffering.