Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Unique challenging culture but not for someone interested in quality of life

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Autonomy tends to hire intelligent, hard working employees that are willing to adapt to the unique corporate culture. Employees will be exposed to many aspects of the business and provided with a lot of responsibility and opportunity to prove oneself.

Cons

Autonomy is a very reactionary company that puts more time and money into marketing and corporate perception than it does into product development and customer care. In general there is a culture of winning at all costs with little concern about business ethics or employee welfare. Employees will be expected to stretch the truth or outright lie in order to win a deal, which seems to happen more often than not.

Having joined the company through an acquisition, I can say that it's an uphill battle for anyone not hired directly by Autonomy. It is assumed that you are beneath Autonomy's standard of excellence until you prove otherwise (if you're even given the chance). I have seen the majority of my coworkers be let go or driven out with no plan to hire replacements, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the work. If you don't take a big gulp of the Kool-Aid and step in line you won't last long at Autonomy.

Show some concern and proactive effort in improving the quality of life for employees. Initiate some sort of performance review to allow for feedback to flow both directions. Compensation adjustments, bonuses, and option grants have no rhyme or reason to them and seem completely subjective.

332 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Great technology. Lots of pressure to succeed. Unforgiving of the slothful, moaning & stupid.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Not very PC I know! But its both true that its great technology and that there is a great deal of pressure to succeed at every level. The rewards for the successful and hard working are significant and the opportunities for where this gig could go are immense, but the problems come when everyone thinks THEY are the hard working ones (and aren't) in which case its pretty unforgiving.

Cons

Its not a perfect world but this seems to sort out the men from the boys. Choose wisely and know you're strengths.

Its a big mistake not to publicise rewards more internally. Need better internal comms. Having said that, the fundamentals are the right ones so these are relatively minor concerns.

I am not American, but if I reveal my location, it is easy to find out who I am. That will be very dangerous for losing

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The products are great to sell, great customer names, good marketing support, payment isn't bad.

Cons

At Autonomy the employees are not trusted in advance. I will never recommend Autonomy to people who are looking for a job. My direct manager will be passed time after time and Cambridge wants to be in tight control over all employees and activities. The result of the way how Autonomy is being managed is that many people are leaving and the ones who stay are trying to be 'of the radar'. For us as sales reps does it mean that the sales support is very poor. In the SMS calls on Mondays all the people involved are shouting about things they do not understand. Another ridiculous new rule is that sales reps will be fined for $5000 if they do not meet the minimum number of meetings and proposals!

Trust your people, treat them in a fair way. Let the managers manage their own people. Stop the insane SMS calls. Approach your employees in a positive way. I am confident that this will increase the revenue!

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy