Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Great technology. Lots of pressure to succeed. Unforgiving of the slothful, moaning & stupid.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Not very PC I know! But its both true that its great technology and that there is a great deal of pressure to succeed at every level. The rewards for the successful and hard working are significant and the opportunities for where this gig could go are immense, but the problems come when everyone thinks THEY are the hard working ones (and aren't) in which case its pretty unforgiving.

Cons

Its not a perfect world but this seems to sort out the men from the boys. Choose wisely and know you're strengths.

Its a big mistake not to publicise rewards more internally. Need better internal comms. Having said that, the fundamentals are the right ones so these are relatively minor concerns.

331 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

I am not American, but if I reveal my location, it is easy to find out who I am. That will be very dangerous for losing

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The products are great to sell, great customer names, good marketing support, payment isn't bad.

Cons

At Autonomy the employees are not trusted in advance. I will never recommend Autonomy to people who are looking for a job. My direct manager will be passed time after time and Cambridge wants to be in tight control over all employees and activities. The result of the way how Autonomy is being managed is that many people are leaving and the ones who stay are trying to be 'of the radar'. For us as sales reps does it mean that the sales support is very poor. In the SMS calls on Mondays all the people involved are shouting about things they do not understand. Another ridiculous new rule is that sales reps will be fined for $5000 if they do not meet the minimum number of meetings and proposals!

Trust your people, treat them in a fair way. Let the managers manage their own people. Stop the insane SMS calls. Approach your employees in a positive way. I am confident that this will increase the revenue!

Great until you realise you're putting in crazy hours and the rewards have dried up.

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Some of the technology is excellent and genuinely exciting but theres far too much overlap due to the number of acquisitions.

Bonuses and pay rises can be good but you won't know when or if you're going to get them.

Cons

No feedback on performance, you'll either be told via email that you're getting an bonus/pay rise or you'll receive no feedback regardless of the amount of work you're putting in.

Far too much micro-management from the top level. Simple things like holiday arrangements are controlled by senior management despite them not knowing or you are or what your're actually working on. Middle management have very little control and are largely tasked with reporting to the senior levels.

Product development is purely sales driven, nothing happens without a sale or potential sale. When the sale does happen the pressure is put on the development team to get the product out the door as fast as possible, often with unrealistic schedules.

For a company that sees information as all important theres very little internal communication and no discussion.

Stop the micro managing, there are excellent mid level managers who helped build succesful companys before Autonomy stepped in.

Make the process behind pay reviews and bonuses review more transparent, especially for non sales.

Unrealistic development schedules need to be addressed, the quality of the product is suffering.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy