Autonomy

Management is narrow-minded

Current Employee - Technology Specialist
Current Employee - Technology Specialist

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Fast growing company; Above average pay

Cons

Management not open to suggestions; not much respect for employees; flat hierarchy; getting more politically motivated;

Be open to more diversity in the management. Respect staff with good credentials and experience. Trust employees.

336 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Great technology. Lots of pressure to succeed. Unforgiving of the slothful, moaning & stupid.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Not very PC I know! But its both true that its great technology and that there is a great deal of pressure to succeed at every level. The rewards for the successful and hard working are significant and the opportunities for where this gig could go are immense, but the problems come when everyone thinks THEY are the hard working ones (and aren't) in which case its pretty unforgiving.

Cons

Its not a perfect world but this seems to sort out the men from the boys. Choose wisely and know you're strengths.

Its a big mistake not to publicise rewards more internally. Need better internal comms. Having said that, the fundamentals are the right ones so these are relatively minor concerns.

I am not American, but if I reveal my location, it is easy to find out who I am. That will be very dangerous for losing

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The products are great to sell, great customer names, good marketing support, payment isn't bad.

Cons

At Autonomy the employees are not trusted in advance. I will never recommend Autonomy to people who are looking for a job. My direct manager will be passed time after time and Cambridge wants to be in tight control over all employees and activities. The result of the way how Autonomy is being managed is that many people are leaving and the ones who stay are trying to be 'of the radar'. For us as sales reps does it mean that the sales support is very poor. In the SMS calls on Mondays all the people involved are shouting about things they do not understand. Another ridiculous new rule is that sales reps will be fined for $5000 if they do not meet the minimum number of meetings and proposals!

Trust your people, treat them in a fair way. Let the managers manage their own people. Stop the insane SMS calls. Approach your employees in a positive way. I am confident that this will increase the revenue!

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy