Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

I've worked for many technology companies over the years and this one leaves a bad taste.

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I joined this company with hopes of sharing a technology that I thought would be a difference maker and exciting to sell. I really think the technology is solid.

Cons

Too many skeletons in customer closets. Too many clients that have been burned w/broken promises. This negative information undermines any effort to sell new clients. Management by fear and intimidation has to go. A revolving door of talent. HP is always looking for a replacement body. Training new people is a constant at Autonomy/HP. After 1 year with this company I was one of (3) people left that were in my initial training class of 32. I lasted 1 1/2 years and left completely frustrated.

Autonomy management that has stayed on from acquisition needs to go. They may be performing and making their numbers but don't be fooled, they're bad apples. There is no effort to provide customer satisfaction and do the right thing for clients.

332 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

big lack of integrity

Former Employee - International Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - International Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

technology is interesting, pretty office in San Francisco, good benefits.

Cons

a lot product issues, no growth, no employee development,

don't come to work with mental issues, go take care of yourself out of the job environment.

High pressure, little support

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good technology that can be used as a differentiation. Good platform for cloud and archiving unstructured data. Legal is good to work with on contracts, in line with sales and helpful. HP brand is helping them and adding some structure to the sales process.

Cons

Very highly leveraged comp plan. They go through sales people quickly. Some do VERY well, esp those who have been there for a long time and know the products and internal mechanisms and can work the system. For others it's a challenge with many folks going after same accounts. Bad support and implementation history makes add on selling and up selling very difficult.

Focus on the customer more, and less on the quarterly #. Provide a fair and equitable territory and provide new folks an opportunity to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy