Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Autonomy is in the death spiral and will soon cease to exist

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsTechnology seems impressive. Some very smart people. I really liked my company before it was acquired by Autonomy, but then it all fell apart very fast.

ConsI have worked for 11 different tech companies going back to the early 1990s in Silicon Valley. Based on my experience, I see that Autonomy is in the classic death spiral. The rats are abandoning the sinking ship, and the Autonomy management is too arrogant to see the obvious signs of the ship sinking. They are not hiring to replace departed staff. They are abusing the remaining staff to the point of driving them off the ship. There are no annual performance reviews and no annual raises, not even for cost of living. There is no human resources department. There is no IT department, for gods sake! There is only arrogance and ignorance. I saw it with 3 other failed companies I worked for, but Autonomy is by far the worst of all of them. As you can see from other reviews here, nobody but the marketing staff have anything good to say about the company, yet they have not changed anything in the way they run the company. What may have worked well in a Cambridge startup is totally ineffective in a 1000 person company. I only hope that enough of the remaining employees can cash in their stock options before the ship sinks. Enron ain't just a river in Texas, people! Get out while you can!

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for you, because you have proven time and time again that you are too arrogant to listen to reasonable voices. I will laugh out loud on the day that your hubris is exposed to all, you arrogant jerks.

Hard But Fair

VP Archiving and Compliance (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: People tends to fall into a number of camps... those who've been here years; Those who've joined by acquisition and the remainder new hires. Needless… Cons: run on a tight budget and objectives (which is not a con) but the way its… Advice to Senior Management: Loosen up and fly a little higher and share the profits a bit more… More

Not a nice place to work

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: - Good pay/commission plan - Autonomy in Work style - Very… Cons: - Micromanaged Sales Operation - No trust in employees - Product does not work as advertised - Difficult to get… Advice to Senior Management: - Take it easy, you are leader in the space - make it a fun place to work - There… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.