I never heard a good word about this company from my co workers...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

great products and technology. Pay is ok.

Cons

Everything is revenue driven. The company doesn't really care about its employees or try to cultivate a better working environment. No matter how hard you work, how productive you are, if you are not one of those "talkers", you will never be seen or be heard. They don't even have a performance review system, can you believe that? They spend so much time and effort having meetings to make sure their slaves are doing their job. Why not give them a fair performance review each year? And if your managers are not one of those CEOs or VPs, who care if you are doing a good job? Middle management basically has no power and no voice whatsoever. This is a place with poorest communication and lowest motivation.

Maybe they should consider hiring a management consultant company to get a better advice on how to make this company a better work place.

Other Reviews for Autonomy

Autonomy is in the death spiral and will soon cease to exist

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Technology seems impressive. Some very smart people. I really liked my company before it was acquired by Autonomy, but then it all fell apart very fast.

Cons

I have worked for 11 different tech companies going back to the early 1990s in Silicon Valley. Based on my experience, I see that Autonomy is in the classic death spiral. The rats are abandoning the sinking ship, and the Autonomy management is too arrogant to see the obvious signs of the ship sinking. They are not hiring to replace departed staff. They are abusing the remaining staff to the point of driving them off the ship. There are no annual performance reviews and no annual raises, not even for cost of living. There is no human resources department. There is no IT department, for gods sake! There is only arrogance and ignorance. I saw it with 3 other failed companies I worked for, but Autonomy is by far the worst of all of them. As you can see from other reviews here, nobody but the marketing staff have anything good to say about the company, yet they have not changed anything in the way they run the company. What may have worked well in a Cambridge startup is totally ineffective in a 1000 person company. I only hope that enough of the remaining employees can cash in their stock options before the ship sinks. Enron ain't just a river in Texas, people! Get out while you can!

I have no advice for you, because you have proven time and time again that you are too arrogant to listen to reasonable voices. I will laugh out loud on the day that your hubris is exposed to all, you arrogant jerks.

Hard But Fair

Current Employee - VP Archiving and Compliance  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - VP Archiving and Compliance in New York, NY

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

People tends to fall into a number of camps... those who've been here years; Those who've joined by acquisition and the remainder new hires. Needless to say those who've been here years fit like a glove... those by acquisition who then leave hate it and those who stay put up with it. New hires either love or hate it mainly dictated by age (not always but in the main).

Cons

run on a tight budget and objectives (which is not a con) but the way its achieved is like boot camp in winter! OK if you're obsessive but stay away if not!

Loosen up and fly a little higher and share the profits a bit more with whole company instead of "stars"!!! Could do with more communications and less instructions

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!