There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Toxic culture and bad ethics

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Like a lot of people have mentioned here, I think the technology is great. The imaging and media offerings are really groundbreaking.

Cons

Also like alot of people have mentioned on this site, the management team is unapologetically abusive and unethical. For my large TF deals to be categorized as "not worth the time to talk about" is offensive. For me to get shut out of those deals so they can be wrapped up in an big CMS deal is unethical. I know several other AEs who have cultivated large deals that have had them ripped away at the signing phase as a gife to one of the "inner circle".

Sell to a major and perhaps the toxic management culture of this company can be turned around. The company is doing well right now. Imagine how unstoppable we would be if people really loved the comany and worked out of personal drive rather than fear and intimidation. For that to happen an entirely new management culture has to come around.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

I never heard a good word about this company from my co workers...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

great products and technology. Pay is ok.

Cons

Everything is revenue driven. The company doesn't really care about its employees or try to cultivate a better working environment. No matter how hard you work, how productive you are, if you are not one of those "talkers", you will never be seen or be heard. They don't even have a performance review system, can you believe that? They spend so much time and effort having meetings to make sure their slaves are doing their job. Why not give them a fair performance review each year? And if your managers are not one of those CEOs or VPs, who care if you are doing a good job? Middle management basically has no power and no voice whatsoever. This is a place with poorest communication and lowest motivation.

Maybe they should consider hiring a management consultant company to get a better advice on how to make this company a better work place.

Autonomy is in the death spiral and will soon cease to exist

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Technology seems impressive. Some very smart people. I really liked my company before it was acquired by Autonomy, but then it all fell apart very fast.

Cons

I have worked for 11 different tech companies going back to the early 1990s in Silicon Valley. Based on my experience, I see that Autonomy is in the classic death spiral. The rats are abandoning the sinking ship, and the Autonomy management is too arrogant to see the obvious signs of the ship sinking. They are not hiring to replace departed staff. They are abusing the remaining staff to the point of driving them off the ship. There are no annual performance reviews and no annual raises, not even for cost of living. There is no human resources department. There is no IT department, for gods sake! There is only arrogance and ignorance. I saw it with 3 other failed companies I worked for, but Autonomy is by far the worst of all of them. As you can see from other reviews here, nobody but the marketing staff have anything good to say about the company, yet they have not changed anything in the way they run the company. What may have worked well in a Cambridge startup is totally ineffective in a 1000 person company. I only hope that enough of the remaining employees can cash in their stock options before the ship sinks. Enron ain't just a river in Texas, people! Get out while you can!

I have no advice for you, because you have proven time and time again that you are too arrogant to listen to reasonable voices. I will laugh out loud on the day that your hubris is exposed to all, you arrogant jerks.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!