Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The Worst Working Environment in Enterprise Software

Sales (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsAutonomy's stock price is doing very well. They have good benefits and pay well, especially for Sales people on commission.

ConsI came to Autonomy via an acquisition, like many on Glassdoor. Autonomy's paranoia and arcane business policies were apparent from day one. For experienced software veterans Autonomy's policies are unworkable. Sales is cutthroat, reps are told to sell anything the customer will buy. Marketing is told to invent new products via press releases. Engineering is told to stop all development not related to Autonomy's only product, Idol. It's difficult express just how awful the work environment is at Autonomy without experiencing it directly. The bullying that comes from HQ in the UK is a source of pride from the CEO and there are a team of executives in Cambridge that spend all day bullying sales and marketing with their snarky attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering advice is a waste of time since it falls on deaf ears. If you had kept the management from some of your prior acquisitions, things might be much different right now, and you might not be losing all your employees. Not that you care.

Fear and Loathing

Sales - Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: Autonomy has one of the best software vertical offerings on the market - focused on content management, workflow and various indexing functions. The fast pace… Cons: 1) Failure To Pay* I have been a high earner for the last 2 years; I have been really disappointed in the bonus structure. What… Advice to Senior Management: Switch the SEs back to commission until the bonus plan gets figured out and is transparent. Promising bonuses or even hyping them up and then… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Toxic culture and bad ethics

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: Like a lot of people have mentioned here, I think the… Cons: Also like alot of people have mentioned on this site, the management team is unapologetically abusive and unethical. For my large TF deals to be… Advice to Senior Management: Sell to a major and perhaps the toxic management culture of this company can be turned around. The company is doing well right now. Imagine… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.