There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

A highly rewarding challenge

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Technical Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Unlimited potential for advancement and compensation. The company is a work hard/reward/play hard environment, which rewards success but also identifies those not up to it. That is not an environment for everyone. The company is involved in some of the most interesting information challenges inside enterprise, at the edge of issues companies and governments face based on the deluge of unstructured information. Clients are world-leading companies tackling real issues. Huge opportunities for travel in my role, meeting with senior execs of major companies. Bonuses regularly awarded for excellent performance. Share options also awarded based on merit.

Cons

It is a hard-work environment, delivering sophisticated technology to customers. That said colleagues are absolutely top notch and learnign opportunities abound.

Within my part of the company, continue to promote from within as this has been extremely effective during my time here.

reviews filtered by
  1. Work Hard Play Hard and Bag The Cash!!

Current Employee - Sales Exec in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Exec in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

I've read the other comments and they all miss the point... you work at Autonomy to use the best kit, tools and work on the world's best information access projects and of course bag some big bucks. Forget "culture" and "information sharing".. that was all 20th Century. We all want the money!!

Cons

Depends who you are? If you're a Sales Engineer you won't be spending a lot of time in the office so you'd better like travelling! Some I know go all over the world. If you're a developer you might not like working on lots of different projects (some don't - fair enough) and if you're a bit dense between the ears you'll get to know it!!!!

Some of the managers ‘live to work’ and that has an inevitably impact on some teams... but then they tend to attract those people that like to 'live to work' too so maybe "birds of a feather flock together" and all that? Having said that, there are lots of social activities, games rooms, etc and they even own chalets in places like Tahoe which the supe- performers get to use FOC, so as I say, "horses for courses" eh?

2. Good working culture

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Employee Engagement, Industry level comp & benefits, Lot of growth opportunities within the company, Diversity and inclusion council actively working to bring in more diversity and bringing more women back to work.

Cons

Software needs more focus and need to move away from he Services oriented culture. Engineering and Non-Engineering viz. Operations & Services need to co locate so that it brings the Engineering closer to the customer needs and interests

With HP split in the process now, both the companies should bring back innovation and R & D to the fore & focus so that the companies are able to maintain the leadership status in the market with more new products and services.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy