Technical Consultant

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Technical Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

It was a great learning experience for enterprise search and allowed me to gain knowledge of smiler products and how to work with them

Cons

The hours the travel the sales persons promises to the customers and having to deal with unhappy clients that blame you for everything because the sale people will say anything to make a sale

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Here we go again

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

A pretty good indexer that often works as advertised.

Cons

Now Autonomy is targeting OpenText for its next aquisition according to all the office buzz and trade rags. Poor OpenText customers. Interwoven WorkSite customers saw their mean time for engineering support drop from 10 minutes to 83 minutes. I hope OpenText customers are more patient than Interwoven customers.

Advice to Management

Please dont ruin OpenText too. Find another company to buy. You can continue to live off the maintenance revenue of that company instead.

marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

1. Good work-life balance 2. Good team 3. free lunches! 4. laid back attitude- if you like it! 5. accomodating and flexible to your schedule

Cons

1. poor compensation 2. no career path 3. rely only on your base salary!!! 4. poor management 5. Autonomy comes CHEAP...forget bonuses and comissions survive on base salary!!! 6. senior management arrogant!!

Advice to Management

treat employees with repect, pay them well.Though there are lot of old employees but they are frustated and only there cause they are completely demotivated.