Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

There is no hand-holding.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

ProsThe matrix structure means nobody has full control or knowledge of my day-to-day activities. There is freedom as far as what hours I work and what projects I spend my time on. In general, there is not a lot of structure and very little guidance is provided. It's expected that you will figure out what works and get it done. Lots of fun if you enjoy the challenge of being thrown into a tough situation with no idea what you're doing. Difficult problems, smart people, a constant learning experience.

ConsThere is definitely a slave driver mentality with little concern for employees' overall well-being. This results in high turnover as people get burned out. All of the negative comments about the company are based in fact. But most of these conditions can also be positive if you happen to have the attitude and mindset required to fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to keep people around. There is a huge loss in efficiency every time we lose someone with irreplaceable knowledge, and this happens far too often.

A miserable existence and sketchy management

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: Great opportunity to gain experience. After working here, any other job will seem like a cake-walk. An amazing place to… Cons: No feedback on your work or abilities, unless of course you really screw up- then you are essentially annihilated… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees with respect. The paranoia of senior management and poor treatment of account executives is amazing-… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A rancid, seething mess, of a company

Developer (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: Cambridge is a great city Some bright folk that have been conned into working here for a short while Great… Cons: Exceptionally poor company to be an employee Sweat shop style Thoroughly dislikeable management Feel like a… Advice to Senior Management: Get out before the sham is exposed No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.