There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

There is no hand-holding.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The matrix structure means nobody has full control or knowledge of my day-to-day activities. There is freedom as far as what hours I work and what projects I spend my time on. In general, there is not a lot of structure and very little guidance is provided. It's expected that you will figure out what works and get it done. Lots of fun if you enjoy the challenge of being thrown into a tough situation with no idea what you're doing. Difficult problems, smart people, a constant learning experience.

Cons

There is definitely a slave driver mentality with little concern for employees' overall well-being. This results in high turnover as people get burned out. All of the negative comments about the company are based in fact. But most of these conditions can also be positive if you happen to have the attitude and mindset required to fit in.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to keep people around. There is a huge loss in efficiency every time we lose someone with irreplaceable knowledge, and this happens far too often.

reviews filtered by

Management by Fear

Former Employee - Client Director
    Former Employee - Client Director

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Decent Salary, Growing Company, free lunch on Friday and pastries on Wed

Cons

Company is headed by elitist, Cambridge PHD types that value pedigree above experience.
    Senior Management micromanages everything such that local CEO's and managers are figureheads and puppets. Nearly every decision must be routed to Lynch or one of the other Politburo members.

Risk taking is discouraged and employees always looking over their shoulders expecting to be fired. Management is always looking to place blame when something goes wrong (which happens frequently) so much effort is spent on CYA instead of fixing root causes.

Company discourages telecommuting and requires employees to be in an office location from 8:30 to 5:30. Low trust environment where company disabled access to all entrances of the building except one and require employees to badge in and out so they can track to make sure you come and leave at the required times.

No raises, piss-poor bonus plan, no stock options or espp plans (except for a few of the elite), meager 401K match.

Absolutely no fun to work there.

Advice to Management

Watch the employees stream out the door as soon as the job market improves...

A miserable existence and sketchy management

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience. After working here, any other job will seem like a cake-walk. An amazing place to work for the soul-less sycophant or if you have great salesmanship skill and want to make a ton of money.

Cons

No feedback on your work or abilities, unless of course you really screw up- then you are essentially annihilated with verbal abuse and destructive criticism. Marketing exceeds capabilities. AE's not always paid full commission despite doing the job required.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. The paranoia of senior management and poor treatment of account executives is amazing- tell us how to succeed at Autonomy rather than how to fail, and you might see more success.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy