There are newer employer reviews for Autotrader

Well compensated , too much red tape

Former Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Autotrader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great compensation, company parties, company perks, work at home days

Cons

So much red tape it takes 6 months to make the simplest code or product change. Middle management is not empowered to make any decisions.

Advice to Management

Empower leaders, cut out the red tape, be innovative. You've had the same ugly home page and search process for 10 years. Yes it works but it could be better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Absolutely the worst job experience I have ever had

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Autotrader full-time

Pros

Good product that is easy to use

Cons

The middle management is a joke in south Florida. The woman I worked for was completely unstable and acted like she was ready to explode every time she would talk. She would call daily and say"where my money" The way she would motivate her staff was to say that office depot was hiring if you don't like it here. This manager went with me to meet a GM about why we raised his rates 25%. when he said he didn't want to resign she began to whine like a child and kept saying "I'm worth it" Finally the dealer asked he to leave. I had to return to riveter a cell phone and he gave me his sympathy that I had to work with such a wacko. The turn over is constant and support from corporate is non existent.

Advice to Management

you have a good product that is the only reason you are still in business. It certainly is not how you run the company.

2. Very innovative and results driven company

Current Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Autotrader full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is very transparent. Company culture is strong and aligned with company values. Generous compensation. Senior management is extremely visible and very involved. Acceptance and implementation of good company traditions is high.

Cons

Advanced training not available to everyone. No college partnership programs that I'm aware of. Work life balance is good, but could be better.

Advice to Management

I believe that there should be bigger investments in the growth and training for AutoTrader.com's existing employees. If someone exhibits the drive and work ethic there should be no limitations to that person's access to company provided, relevant training. It has been said that AutoTrader.com's secret to success is its people, therefore, its people should be its biggest investment.