Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
www.auxilium.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Great company to work for!

Medical Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Malvern, PA

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

ProsThe management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only consider my boss, but he's also my mentor and my friend. I have an excellent opportunity for career growth and the company really encourages you to constantly educate yourself. The salary and incentive compensation can not only be considered fair, but they are very competitive. The benefits are great. Great insurance, company car, and corporate expense account. It is a very competitive work environment. You are rewarded and compensated for your hard work! Great place to work.

ConsThe 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in a car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are tired of office life). This can get lonely sometimes. It seems like lately I have been been listening to a lot of talk radio during the day to keep me occupied in the car. Since this is a "sales" position, there can be constant rejection from the doctors that you are speaking with. Also, this industry is volatile because it is based not simply on the success of the company, but also the political landscape and the insurance industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means. But other than that, my senior manager is one of the best managers that I have ever had. Honestly. The management in this company (from my experience) are competent, and genuine people. Take that comment with a grain of salt because I have only met roughly 10 members of management.

Not a culture of meritocracy

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros: Experience in small biotech environment Cons: People not held accountable for their actions Advice to Senior Management: Develop a culture of meritocracy and stop nepotism No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for.

Medical Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent opportunities to move up. Pay was pretty good and I felt the… Cons: The main way to succeed is being in a territory with good managed care but that's pharma I guess. It seemed a big… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Auxilium Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals CEO Adrian Adams. All reviews posted anonymously by Auxilium Pharmaceuticals employees.