AvMed Health Plans

www.avmed.com

AvMed Health Plans.

(Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsThe people I have met while working here are pleasant and, I believe, truly want the organization to grow and prosper. Everyone seems to care about the welfare of others.

ConsI feel as though I am on a ship without a captain. There is no corporate communication of goals or direction. Communications are sent from the Central plan office to clients without the knowledge of account managers, which allows for quite a bit of "blind siding". I have never worked for a company that is this dysfunctional. I feel as though I am surrounded by misfits. No training is provided so you had better know what you are doing before you start. Most of my peers are not willing to share any of their knowledge for fear that you may be looked upon more favorably than they. It's just a weird place. I hate to dog it like this, but anyone thinking about a career here may want to think twice before coming on board. Pay is minimal, performance is not rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in your employees. Train them so they can grow into a truly knowledgeable workforce. You are becoming a company of mental midgets. Invest in systems infrastructure and get rid of the pieced together garbage you are currently using. Our customers are demanding it and we had better start delivering. Stop wasting your money on "leadership conferences". They are not working. Demand more of your middle managers regarding operational issues, which do not get resolved. Bring in some new blood and get rid of the dead wood.

Great employee perks! Never happier with management

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at AvMed Health Plans

Pros: There is flex scheduling in my department, which is one of the best perks I've had at a job. I also have… Cons: My position is repetitive and I sit in a cube all day. Yuck.… Advice to Senior Management: They meet with employees annually to receive direct feedback, which is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

AvMed Health Plans

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at AvMed Health Plans

Pros: Pay is pretty good as are the benefits Cons: Management is under qualified and ignorant Advice to Senior Management: Management needs improvement No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AvMed Health Plans.

Worked for AvMed Health Plans? Contribute to the Community!