There are newer employer reviews for Avago Technologies

Frustrating Startup Company

I have been working at Avago Technologies

Pros

Great co-workers. I work with some of the best minds and characters in the business.
Clear expectations from first line managers. I love the job that I am assigned to do.

Cons

Mid to upper level management does not care at all about the people who work for them. The company is cutting benefits back at every opportunity and all the while telling employees that they should be "grateful" that they have a job.
I've worked for the company for 20 years (first Hewlett Packard, then Agilent, now Avago) and have not had a raise in 12 years.
Management has no clue how to effectively manage an operation that runs 24 hours a day. Night shift employees routinely get the shaft as far as having the same project opportunities, giveaway opportunities, learning opportunities as day shift employees. They never seem to have a clue that 3:00 p.m. is in the middle of the "night" for night shifters. This seems to be a short term minded management group who believe that if enough cuts (benefits, vacation time, salaries) are made, employee morale should certainly increase...and seem puzzled when employees are angry.

Totally demotivational place to work. They have no heart.

Stop rewarding yourselves so richly for the work of your employees. Hock Tan and the senior management staff need to split some of their $40million bonus money back to the employees who, due to economic conditions, cannot have a $0.50/hour raise. Think long term, not short term stockholder goals. And for heaven's sake, remember that those expenses (assets?)..oh, I mean employees...are the only reason that you are successful.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Avago Technologies (View Most Recent)

Senior management extremely short sighted

Current Employee - R&D Engineer
    Current Employee - R&D Engineer

I have been working at Avago Technologies

Pros

Great colleagues. Initial salary during recruitment is slightly higher than most companies. Flexible time to clock in for work. Will be able to learn how to complete work with the slimmest of budget.

Cons

Low morale among lower rank employees are common due to lack of acknowledgment in their work and complete apathy by their manages. Management not interested in cultivating engineers who has ideas to improve work life and designs. No budget to even do the simplest of R&D project or to improve even improve the system even if the root causes are known.

Stop telling lies to your employees. And stop cursing during meetings. Nobody likes a vulgar leader who threatens their employees.

All about the Stock Price

I worked at Avago Technologies

Pros

Company rewards those who generate positive revenue

Cons

Decisions are always about increasing the price of the stock.

There are newer employer reviews for Avago Technologies