Avalon Health Care

www.avalonhci.com

Short staff for a reason

Former Employee - Nurse  in  Aberdeen, WA
Former Employee - Nurse in Aberdeen, WA

Pros

Offered premium pay plus bonuses, corporate office demonstrated care for residents, care providers usually worked as a team

Cons

Little to no supplies when needed, corporate had little appreciation for staff, poor scheduling with daily mistakes resulting in employee reprimand not staff coordinator, expensive/unaffordable benefits

Hire separate staff and central supply coordinators, show genuine appreciation with a higher level of accountability from corporate to staff. Focus more on residents, level of care, and less on profit margins

Other reviews for Avalon Health Care

Beware

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

A steady paycheck and close proximity to the downtown library to escape to on your lunch breaks.

Cons

They rolled out a brand new, natilonwide PTO program and new bonus structure at the same time with very little forethought into what actually needed to take place in order to make the transition seamless. Everything was done last-minute, and the rollout was very unclear which led to many branch employees being completely ostracized. I took work home on the weekends since certain projects had to be completed in time for the following week's travel schedule, and was told to document my time since no one was allowed to work off the clock. However, when my timecard got signed off on each pay period, it was frowned upon that I had overtime, so I could never win. I have never, ever walked out of a job without a two week notice (if not more), but I did on this one just to save my own sanity. I felt the 'dark cloud' as soon as I walked in the door for my initial interviews but didn't listen to my instincts. All I saw once I got inside was a bunch of burnt out, unhappy, overworked people, so I will certainly never make that mistake again!

Shut down the executive offices, give the power back to the individual locations, and call it a day.

What we do matters!

Pros

We help people in one of the most vulnerable sectors of society. What we do is honorable and does so much for the residents and their families who need this care. Most of the people who work here do care and want to do the right thing.

Cons

As in any organization with thousands of employees we have difficult challenges. In addition we work in a difficult industry in a time of economic uncertainty. I wish we had more resources to support the care of our residents.

Never loose sight of the reason for our existence. Take care of the employees who take care of our residents.

There are newer employer reviews for Avalon Health Care.

Worked for Avalon Health Care? Contribute to the Community!