Avanade

www.avanade.com
  www.avanade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great company, but hard to have a social life.

Former Employee - Solutions Developer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Solutions Developer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Avanade

Pros

Avanade is a good company with good fortune 100 type clients. I enjoyed the recognition of working for a big playing in the consulting field. It also helped to have Accenture as a parent company. They were able to throw tons of work over the wall. I never feared the company would run out of growth opportunities.

Cons

When working at Avanade you have to do a bunch of traveling. Basically you trade in your social life. When I worked at Avanade I spent about 90% of my time working at the client's site. That mean 8-12 hours of travel a week plus 40 hours of billable time.

Please figure out a way for Avanade to do what it does with out putting people on the road 4-5 days a week.

504 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

Great company, bad pay for college hires

Former Employee - Solutions Developer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Solutions Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade

Pros

Great people, excellent opportunities, good support. Avanade is a very flexible workplace and it does a great job supporting employees with training opportunities. For those who like variety, Avanade is the place to be. You have a pick of work but as a consultant you will never own it.

Cons

Pay is low for entry level employees. College hires are leaving and have left in droves. Avanade pay is painfully low and does not improve appropriately. They get the young people cheap, the guys get the experience and then leave. There is really no reason to stick around.

Pay the entry level employees better in order to stop the exodus. The movement towards the Accenture model is not an improvement. Program Managers are not technical enough.

Do I hear merger?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade

Pros

Knowledge sharing and networking with fellow employees.

Cons

Upper management don't give enough attention to the guys who generate the revenue for the company.

Several senior managers should not be in their position.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade