Avanade

www.avanade.com
  www.avanade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

A great place to learn, grow and succeed.

Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Feeling of community: You can draw on the knowledge others to help you solve a problem or present an idea. You are never 'on your own' unless you want to be.
-Support to reach your potential: The people here want to see you succeed. They will give you plenty of opportunity to show your worth and grow into new roles.
-Training: This company actually encourages training and gives you time to do it.

Cons

-Traveling: There can be a lot of travel. In fact up to 90% travel should be expected.
-Long hours: Some projects are can be short but require the most of your time while you are there.
-Demanding: Some projects are augments and require you to support what is in place or planned. Other projects require you do the job from a - z and put your best effort first.

Management shares overall company direction and invites constructive input from everyone. I have found them to be available most of the time and willing to listen. My Advice? Keep that 'open door' policy in place. Not everyone feels comfortable going to the Group Manager or Director but it's good that avenue is available should the need arise.

514 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

Great career growth opportunities

Current Employee - Group Manager/Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Group Manager/Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to learn a lot about consulting and technology. Lots of opportunity to grow your career from the entry level up to architects. Benefits that you don't see at other consulting companies such as training you when you are between projects (and paying you for it). Access to mentors that can provide guidance to move up the career tree for those that need a little more guidance.

Cons

The culture at Avanade can vary greatly from area to area which can be confusing when you are a traveling consultant.

Need to offer more opportunities to build a cohesive Avanade culture, need to have some in person meetings (they cant all be virtual).

Disorganized, disjointed, and lacking direction

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Avanade full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Paid certifications
    -Big emphasis on training

Cons

This is hands down the most unorganized organization I've ever been a part of. The training boot camp I attended was an utter waste of time. To their credit, i've spent MONTHS on the bench without getting laid off, but with no growth to show for it.

They expanded RADICALLY into several new Microsoft platforms (AX, CRM, GP), but just don't seem to have gotten the business to staff these people. I do not see a good future for these practices.

People here aren't stupid and have worked for other consulting firms before--don't treat us like we are when you say "that's just consulting."

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade