There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Avanade is a wonderful company to work for.

Cons

Travel can be stressful, but overall good experience.

495 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

A good place to work, but career opportunities are rare

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You get your hands on pretty much anything newly released from Microsoft. Avanade offers a ton of internal and external training opportunities to stay abreast with new technologies and the work environment at the headquarters is very collaborative.

Cons

Career advancement at Avanade is very difficult. Although there are a lot of promotions from within, it usually is the same group of people. If senior leadership positions become available, they are typically staffed by current or former Accenture employees, upwards movement in the back office departments are very rare.

Live and breath what you preach ("a great place to work") and help your valued employees to advance in their respective careers before the company turns into an Accenture subsidiary

Opportunity to grow a career

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Over the past twelve years I've had the opportunity to grow my career at Avanade. While market conditions have sometimes dictated how, I have always been able to influence the trajectory and velocity of my career development in roles ranging from consulting, to project management, to industry, to sales, to sales management, to practice management. Avanade as a consultancy isn't for every customer or every employee but it is generally very good at what is set up to do, enterprise scale systems integration and outsourcing on the Microsoft platform. The people at Avanade are at the top of their game and the company is commited to developing its talent.

Cons

Avanade is a large organization made larger by the close ties to its parent, Accenture. Sometimes it can feel like you're an employee number rather than a person.

Get the brand out. Most people I speak with still have never heard of Avanade and within 10 seconds the conversation always turns to who the parent companies are. Formula 1 isn't going to do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade