Great compared to many similar consulting companies.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

I never get hassled about travel arrangements. I typically stay at any hotels I like within reason, fly the airlines I like and always get a decent per diem. When you travel for a living, this is a big deal!

Management and teammates are typically high quality. The job has the potential to expose you to many elements of the IT world (given its Microsoft based). Lots of paid training time (80 hours a year) and the company also pays for all Microsoft Certifications (they pay for two tries per exam).

There is an opportunity to rise in the company quickly, with each promotion carrying 10-15% increases in pay typically.

Cons

The job is ALL TRAVEL! If you don't like travelling, this job isn't for you. Some projects just stink and you can do little but gut it out and hope to be on to the next soon. Every project has a new boss, some are good, some are bad. In my experience they tend to be decent or better.

Focus on reinforcing communication between teammates. The biggest problem I encounter over and over again on projects are due to small breakdowns in communication. When everyone is working remotely, it becomes key to success.

Other Reviews for Avanade

So far, so great!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for less than a year

Pros

LOTS of advancement opportunities. A great chance to grow.

Cons

So far I've got no complaints.

Low pay, poor management, and no work/life balance.

Current Employee - Solutions Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

They pay for Microsoft Certs. Overtime pay on top of salary for Analyst levels. Ability to work remotely at times depending on the project.

Cons

Below average salary, very poor work/life balance. Not the place to work if you have a family, a social life, or both. The expectation is to work all your waking hours and the weekends if necessary, due to poor estimations and project management. Management is very poor. Can be somewhat of a frat-party. Not a lot of career growth opportunity for your skill position, career paths follow a more general "consultant" flow. They also hire people just to put bodies into positions, even if they don't have all of the necessary skills.

Compensate your employees fairly and be reasonable and respectful with their time.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade.

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!