There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great compared to many similar consulting companies.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

I never get hassled about travel arrangements. I typically stay at any hotels I like within reason, fly the airlines I like and always get a decent per diem. When you travel for a living, this is a big deal!

Management and teammates are typically high quality. The job has the potential to expose you to many elements of the IT world (given its Microsoft based). Lots of paid training time (80 hours a year) and the company also pays for all Microsoft Certifications (they pay for two tries per exam).

There is an opportunity to rise in the company quickly, with each promotion carrying 10-15% increases in pay typically.

Cons

The job is ALL TRAVEL! If you don't like travelling, this job isn't for you. Some projects just stink and you can do little but gut it out and hope to be on to the next soon. Every project has a new boss, some are good, some are bad. In my experience they tend to be decent or better.

Focus on reinforcing communication between teammates. The biggest problem I encounter over and over again on projects are due to small breakdowns in communication. When everyone is working remotely, it becomes key to success.

484 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

So far, so great!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for less than a year

Pros

LOTS of advancement opportunities. A great chance to grow.

Cons

So far I've got no complaints.

Growing pains, but still a great company.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Avanade is continuing to grow creating new opportunities for employees. Great benefits.

Cons

You need to manage your own career growth and champion your advancement for yourself. We no longer have company wide meetings which has had a negative effect on morale.

Provide more opportunities for employees to grow or move into new roles. You have great employees that with some training could move into roles you have difficulty filling. Also, I would suggest re-instituting flybacks. Employees feel really disconnected and are leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!