Avanade

www.avanade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Good company, project. Compensation could be better.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Good projects, good technology, casual, techie culture. You can get lots of great experience here.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Only two week starting vacation and 5 weeks of sick time. Poor estimations on projects.

523 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

An exceptional company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional Development Training, Interesting work, Meet Great People, Work with Fortune 500 companies, and great career development

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge, 100% Travel is not for everyone

Great compared to many similar consulting companies.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I never get hassled about travel arrangements. I typically stay at any hotels I like within reason, fly the airlines I like and always get a decent per diem. When you travel for a living, this is a big deal!

Management and teammates are typically high quality. The job has the potential to expose you to many elements of the IT world (given its Microsoft based). Lots of paid training time (80 hours a year) and the company also pays for all Microsoft Certifications (they pay for two tries per exam).

There is an opportunity to rise in the company quickly, with each promotion carrying 10-15% increases in pay typically.

Cons

The job is ALL TRAVEL! If you don't like travelling, this job isn't for you. Some projects just stink and you can do little but gut it out and hope to be on to the next soon. Every project has a new boss, some are good, some are bad. In my experience they tend to be decent or better.

Focus on reinforcing communication between teammates. The biggest problem I encounter over and over again on projects are due to small breakdowns in communication. When everyone is working remotely, it becomes key to success.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade