There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great place to work, salary could be stronger.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great, talented people working at Avanade. I feel confident in the hiring process and most of the people who I work with I find to be good communicators and tech savvy. In addition, Avanade puts a good deal of focus on employee training giving a set amount of training hours per year, vouchers towards certification, etc. Combined with access to books24x7 and an MSDN developer license, it is definitely a culture where you have the ability to continually learn on the job and have access to great resources. Also, there are a variety of different projects to work on so you are able to constantly get exposed to new business, new technology, etc.. The work atmosphere is fairly relaxed and friendly which is also important to me.

Cons

I think we have great benefits, but the overall salary compensation is a little less than some other competing businesses. In addition, as Avanade has grown as a company they have done away with some of the small touches that I felt differentiated them from bigger companies (paid cell phone bill, $2000 a year for tech toys, etc.)

As we grow as a company, I would encourage Avanade to continue to find ways to make its employees and think of ways to distinguish our benefits from some of its competitors.

493 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

Good company, project. Compensation could be better.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Good projects, good technology, casual, techie culture. You can get lots of great experience here.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Only two week starting vacation and 5 weeks of sick time. Poor estimations on projects.

An exceptional company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional Development Training, Interesting work, Meet Great People, Work with Fortune 500 companies, and great career development

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge, 100% Travel is not for everyone

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade