Avanade

www.avanade.com
  www.avanade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great way to fast-track your career and grow professionally

Current Employee - Solution Developer in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Solution Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training: Avanade pays for 80 hours of training a year (minimum) for Analyst and Consultant level employees (not sure about the tiers above). When I came onboard, I was sent to three weeks of training. That's a big chunk of change to make sure I know what it takes to deliver for clients. It speaks volumes about a company that does the right thing with its employees. Also, you have free access to MSDN and other internal training resources.

Travel: Although some projects may not be in the most exciting areas, you get to see different places and meet new people all the time. I find this experience to be exhilarating and fun!

Experience: I went back to college a bit late, so I feel like I'm playing catch-up with my career. Avanade and consulting in general is a great way to fast-track your career. You can always get help with tough tasks that someone else has done before and, especially if you're a "go-getter," you can always find the answer to your problem and make a name for yourself.

Pay: The pay that I am receiving is fair.

Cons

Travel: As mentioned previously, you may not always get to see the most exciting places. I'm aware that the travel will definitely get old at some point. All the travel is good if you're single, otherwise I see how it could put a strain on family life.

Pay: In the technology sector, some of my cohort were starting out at 70-80k a year. You won't find that level of compensation for Analyst positions, but I feel strongly that it's balanced out with the experiences (travel, training, career growth).

Keep up the good work. The commitment to training and ensuring new employees have all the tools they need to succeed is much appreciated.

514 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, salary could be stronger.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great, talented people working at Avanade. I feel confident in the hiring process and most of the people who I work with I find to be good communicators and tech savvy. In addition, Avanade puts a good deal of focus on employee training giving a set amount of training hours per year, vouchers towards certification, etc. Combined with access to books24x7 and an MSDN developer license, it is definitely a culture where you have the ability to continually learn on the job and have access to great resources. Also, there are a variety of different projects to work on so you are able to constantly get exposed to new business, new technology, etc.. The work atmosphere is fairly relaxed and friendly which is also important to me.

Cons

I think we have great benefits, but the overall salary compensation is a little less than some other competing businesses. In addition, as Avanade has grown as a company they have done away with some of the small touches that I felt differentiated them from bigger companies (paid cell phone bill, $2000 a year for tech toys, etc.)

As we grow as a company, I would encourage Avanade to continue to find ways to make its employees and think of ways to distinguish our benefits from some of its competitors.

Good company, project. Compensation could be better.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Good projects, good technology, casual, techie culture. You can get lots of great experience here.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Only two week starting vacation and 5 weeks of sick time. Poor estimations on projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade