There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great Opportunities, Crappy Life Balance

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Avanade full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great company with great people. There are many benefits to being a child company of Accenture and Microsoft. It was a great place to start my consulting career and I would recommend it to anyone that can withstand the impact to their life when it comes to travel.

Cons

Travel, plain and simple. I thought I could handle it, and I did for a while, but it took it's toll on myself and my wife. In the end it just wasn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

It is something I believe they already do, but staff local as much as possible. I think I was involved in a downturn of the Dallas market which had me traveling out of region.

reviews filtered by

Awful

I have been working at Avanade full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None - couldn't think of any

Cons

Politics, incompetence, and lots of other 'cons'

Learn to love SharePoint or GTFO

Former Employee - Group Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Group Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Avanade full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training is top notch. Avanade has an internal training department that cranks out tons of internal curriculum. And they now require consultants to have 80 hours of training a year in order to be eligible for bonus. (I consider this a plus. Paid study time is a good thing.)

Cons

Avanade is handicapped by their awkward relationship with Accenture and Microsoft. It's obvious to everyone. This has been echoes in many other reviews.

Travel is an inventible reality for their west coast-based workforce. Be prepared to commute via plane Monday through Thursday. If you live in New England or the Dallas/Ft. Worth then you should be fine.

Your promotion opportunities and bonus are tied to how many billable hours you work, just like many major consulting orgs. Some groups within Avanade (known as Service Lines) have less opportunities than others. App Dev seems to have the hardest time finding work in sizable projects in most markets.

Advice to Management

Create a SaaS offering. Innovate.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade