There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Great place to start career

Former Employee - Solutions Developer  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Solutions Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offered a lengthy transition program for new college grads of about 5 weeks.

Cons

Not a lot of say on client that you will be assigned to

Ultimately, I was part of layoffs during economic down turn, unfortunately I didn't see it coming at all. Maybe a little better communication of hard times. Instead, they had us come in for a week of training and then on Friday laid off a lot of us.

483 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

Opportunity

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Able to gain a lot of job experience. Immense training resources provided. Benefits are top notch. Learn how to manage your own career in ways other jobs don't require which is partly positive. Overall a great culture, friendly co-workers, and a commitment to implement improvements not just for clients but employees.

Cons

Consulting in general is tough with travel. The demand to manage your own career, even with help, as well as meet company and client expectations is a lot.

Continue to identify, create, and implement improvements for employee's

Direct Business Doomed by Red tape

I worked at Avanade

Pros

Amazing Technical Talent, great collaboration across the BDE's and Solution Architects.

Cons

As a direct sales person, you are setup for failure from day one with the amount of paperwork and process it takes to move sales through the pipeline. There is unnecessary process and overhead models being forced down from the Executive and Accenture influence.

Not Agile. It takes 3 weeks to get ROM pricing approved. A customer loses interest and goes with a company that is responsive.

Revise the sales process, minimize the paperwork by 60%, reduce the contingency padding on the sales model to be competitive in the market.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!