Avanade

Love this company.

Current Employee - Recruiting in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Recruiting in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade

Pros

Hands-down the people. Opportunity to take ownership of your career. Access to smart people.

Cons

work-life balance; long hours; politics in corporate location

Remember the little guys- the heart and soul of the practice. Be sensitive to their work-life balance just as you are those with families.

510 Other Employee Reviews for Avanade (View Most Recent)

Typical Dot com compensation -- Tons of stock and options but did a great job building the company.

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade

Pros

Great Trainning opportunities.
    Great opportunities to learn..as you move from project to project and work with some of the smartest most dedicated technologist around

Cons

Travel... Often limited opportunity for life/work balance

We need more focus on long term compensation for folks under level 55 - it's getting to be a good ole boys club at the level.. Mostly Ex- Accenture folks looking out for each other.

Avanade offer great benefits, but be sure to really research and ask about the type of work you will be doing.

Current Employee - Solutions Developer II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Developer II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities that can be taken advantage of if one is motivated enough to do so. Free access to MSDN for technology and also free access to Books24x7.com. E-mail communities are an outstanding resource for new technology reviews and recommendations on how to solve problems you may have at customer site. There are very smart people to work with that can really help develop your career and advance your knowledge it you are willing to take the time to learn from them and ask questions. Also get extended benefits that allows an employee up to $2000 dollars a year to spend on technology or work-life balance promoting activies that will be remimbursed by the company.

Cons

I don't feel like I had the right expectations of the position I was hired for. They hired me despite my lack of programming experience and then you are expected to be able to program the first day on a customer site. They offer many rescources to teach yourself programming, but on top of already working a 40+ hour work week and travelling, it is very hard to motivate yourself to study on the weekends, especially if programming doesn't come naturally. I expected more of a requirements gathering and solution proposal opportunity, but was really hired to be a customer facing programmer/coder.

Work to reduce the travel that "local" employees incur. If it takes you spend 3 hours a day in a car, I don't consider that local.

There are newer employer reviews for Avanade