There are newer employer reviews for Avanquest Software

Good company and working experience.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Project Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. As an employee you are not micro manage as long as you are completing the work and your customers are happy. The work environment overall is friendly and comfortable. Very good in working with employees to for special situations. Ample vacation and sick days provided.

Cons

Pay is slightly below industry standards. Medical benefits are not as good as when i started with the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Laid back atmosphere, on the job training, and no micromanagement.

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Avanquest are great, intelligent, and are very laid back people. Major releases can get a bit hectic, but everyone buckles down and gets the job done. I think what I enjoyed the most about Avanquest is their willingness to train and advance others within the company. Other pros would be good benefits (especially health), mostly 9-5 hours, and rather lax on lunch scheduling.

Cons

The company lacks innovation and is in desperate need of new ideas. The upper management is trying to steer the ship in a new direction, but it is so hard to do this when we still have so much legacy cruft that we must support. I would be a bit weary of their future prospects, as they do not seem to allow us enough time to truly innovate, and polish our products in an already rapidly shrinking market. Lastly, the pay at Avanquest is just flat out terrible to be honest. It is great for getting your start in the industry, but the lack of salary increases really starts to wear on a person over time.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees (i.e. slightly better equipment 8 year old machines just don't help), and allow us to actually innovate, improve, and polish the product!

great place for newbies, others should stay away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Avanquest Software

Pros

for someone who's just starting their career or is at the junior level, this place is great to gain a lot of experience. although the company's been around for 20+ years, there isn't one unified system that one can use to do their job. you are expected to learn their many in-house systems in order to complete your task.

Cons

the company is run by two very hands-on ceos. they will micro-manage every part of the business and if you happen to have to work with them directly, expect to stress and lose a lot of sleep.

Advice to Management

invest in your people and the tools they need to get the job done.