Avascent is full of people who care about your professional development and show appreciation for strong work

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Avascent

Pros

Strong feedback culture; ability to take responsibility beyond years of experience; quick career acceleration for high performers; frequent company events; generally flat structure with very accessible and helpful partners and other senior management

Cons

Hours fluctuate and can be long; personal achievement sometimes merits receiving more work, which can sometimes be to a fault; limited opportunity to travel for more junior employees

Other Reviews for Avascent

A Collegiate Place to Work

Current Employee - Entry Level Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Entry Level Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Avascent

Pros

Avascent allows its employees to grow at their own pace in a collegiate atmosphere. As an entry-level analyst, I especially appreciate the time that my peers and project managers have taken to acclimate me to the way in which we do business.

Cons

Much of Avascent’s work focuses on the defense industry. Employees at the Avascent Group gain a good understanding of how government and industry interact, but may not get as much exposure to how purely commercial industries function.

Leadership within the firm has done an excellent job of providing employees with the tools necessary to develop and hone professional skills.

Exciting Company with Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Avascent

Pros

Avascent is a relatively specialized company that places a tremendous amount of responsibility in the hands of analysts from day one. It is a challenging but supportive work environment that continually pushes very smart "young people" to think critically and learn to spin up on very technical topics in a short period of time. Analysts are given direct interaction with Clients and allowed to take ownership of growing tasks as they develop an understanding of government regulated markets and the defense space.

Cons

There is not as much travel as other Consulting firms given that much of the customer base is located near the Washington, DC area. That is both a positive and a negative however more travel opportunities would be nice.

Keep doing what you are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Avascent.

Worked for Avascent? Contribute to the Community!