Avascent
www.avascent.com Washington, DC 50 to 149 Employees

Exciting Company with Growth Opportunities

Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsAvascent is a relatively specialized company that places a tremendous amount of responsibility in the hands of analysts from day one. It is a challenging but supportive work environment that continually pushes very smart "young people" to think critically and learn to spin up on very technical topics in a short period of time. Analysts are given direct interaction with Clients and allowed to take ownership of growing tasks as they develop an understanding of government regulated markets and the defense space.

ConsThere is not as much travel as other Consulting firms given that much of the customer base is located near the Washington, DC area. That is both a positive and a negative however more travel opportunities would be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

A place where hard work, strong values and uexpected fun truly coexist

I have been working at Avascent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 1. The recognition, personal satisfaction and future career prospects that are possible only in an environment that not merely rewards honest, hard work (with none… Cons: Management consulting is not for everyone or for everyone in the long term. Any downsides that come from working at Avascent (such as long hours,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best company I have ever worked for!

I have been working at Avascent

Pros: - Great pay and benefits - Great working culture (no fake fun) - Great growth potential - Frequent review… Cons: - The work is not easy and the hours can be tough but that is typical of the consulting world - The focus of the… Advice to Senior Management: - Never stop thinking about how to make this a better company - Communicate more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Avascent.

Worked for Avascent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avascent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avascent CEO Steve Irwin. All reviews posted anonymously by Avascent employees.