Avascent

A Collegiate Place to Work

Current Employee - Entry Level Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Entry Level Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Avascent

Pros

Avascent allows its employees to grow at their own pace in a collegiate atmosphere. As an entry-level analyst, I especially appreciate the time that my peers and project managers have taken to acclimate me to the way in which we do business.

Cons

Much of Avascent’s work focuses on the defense industry. Employees at the Avascent Group gain a good understanding of how government and industry interact, but may not get as much exposure to how purely commercial industries function.

Leadership within the firm has done an excellent job of providing employees with the tools necessary to develop and hone professional skills.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Avascent (View Most Recent)

Exciting Company with Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Avascent

Pros

Avascent is a relatively specialized company that places a tremendous amount of responsibility in the hands of analysts from day one. It is a challenging but supportive work environment that continually pushes very smart "young people" to think critically and learn to spin up on very technical topics in a short period of time. Analysts are given direct interaction with Clients and allowed to take ownership of growing tasks as they develop an understanding of government regulated markets and the defense space.

Cons

There is not as much travel as other Consulting firms given that much of the customer base is located near the Washington, DC area. That is both a positive and a negative however more travel opportunities would be nice.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Best company I have ever worked for!

I have been working at Avascent

Pros

- Great pay and benefits
    - Great working culture (no fake fun)
    - Great growth potential
    - Frequent review feedback
    - Interesting subject matter (to me anyway)
    - Limited travel and on-site client time for better work-life balance

Cons

- The work is not easy and the hours can be tough but that is typical of the consulting world
    - The focus of the company can be limiting if you are not interested in government, defense, or the industries that serve them
    - Professional development is driven by projects rather than formal educational programs but that makes it easy to try out new skills and subject areas

- Never stop thinking about how to make this a better company
    - Communicate more with staff on how the firm will grow over time in a tough market

There are newer employer reviews for Avascent