Used to be a good at some point , but has no vision for future. heading the wrong way.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Pune (India)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Avaya full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary. Good brand name.

Cons

Not Employee Centric, Bad work quality. Company is driven by businessmen and does not care about technological innovation. Horribly short sighted.

Companies succeed by being best at what they are doing, quality comes overtime. Buying smaller companies for their technology is not going to serve you well.

Other Reviews for Avaya

A great place to work with low salaries and benefits

I have been working at Avaya

Pros

Good work environment with very less office politics and good team work within peers.

Cons

1. Terrible benefits
    2. Low salaries
    3. No bonus whatsoever, you get hired with the hope that there will be bonus but you'll never see a dime. Regardless of employee performance.
    4. Business goals change every year.

The company may have made some bad investments but penalizing healthy organizations due to these investments will lose valuable resources and people tend to leave the company. Please do not cut benefits every year, as much as the management thinks these are good benefits it further drives valuable intellect out of the company.

Great pay and co-workers but company quick to lay off skilled workers

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

I worked at Avaya full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay ranges for the jobs is great
    Ability to be an individual contributor and have a "manager" title
    co-workers and your immediate team normally make the job enjoyable and rewarding
    Products and services cutting edge and make one proud
    Information easy to access - internal portal
    Immediate manager cared about me and my success
    Allowed for remote working - I never had to go to an office

Cons

During business downturns they just let good skilled people go - never help them find other positions in the company. HR seems only geared to hiring and firing nothing in between
    Top management told us when we went private we were going to invest for the future, not sure that has held up that way - seem to short sighted.
    Still pretty siloed among different groups - not much cross sharing of information and skills
    Hard to move around inside the company
    Need to move their technology to the average worker
    Seemed to always find a way to not pay bonuses at the level promised

Try to keep good people when their job is cut...helps morale of those left behind
    Be open about the truth when big changes occur helps everyone to understand and move on

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!