20 year veteran quit due to incompatent manager

Former Employee - Client Supposrt Engineer II in Durham, NC
Former Employee - Client Supposrt Engineer II in Durham, NC

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is difficult to list any pros due to what is happening to the company now and since it became privately owned. Other than what I stated, they have great products.

Cons

Management only care about their careers. Do as I say not as I do culture. Pushing work off to other groups was the mantra of my managers when we were supposed to do the work for the client. Deceiving number crunchers by work that was never done. This was my manager not the company in whole.

Advice to Management

You should listen to the data regarding the yearky reviews.

Other Employee Reviews for Avaya

1. Great Products

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked with fantastic people that loved what they did and how they serve their customers.

Cons

The company took no concern with results or how you reached your targets, they were strictly concerns with where you were located and getting as much as possible out of you....no family/life balance.

Advice to Management

Think of your people as an asset, not a liability.

2. All in all, good benefits and work-life balance. Horrible management of the company and products.

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Westminster, CO

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I liked most of the people I worked with, the flexibility of the work, and the salary and benefits. The work was fairly interesting and there were opportunities to pursue expanding your skill levels.

Cons

Because of the lack of good management of the company and product lines, Avaya has not remained competitive in the marketplace. They are flush with patents and the opportunity to do great research but have missed those opportunities in search of cash.They are run by a firm that is only concerned with cash and then selling the company for the cash and stripping it.