There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Intense work environment with Management trying to drive the right results

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Coppell, TX
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Avaya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Telecommuting, Work on latest and greatest telecom technology, Good Management in general with a strategic plan. Training opportunities available as workload permits. Overall did a good job of incorporating Nortel portfolio into Avaya.

Cons

Little to no salary increase/bonus 2010-2012. Metrc driven to the point of running top engineers into the ground. People tend to work in silos as they are still trying to digest Nortel. Product Quality has suffered due to poor product verification.

Advice to Management

Need to focus more on the people which are the backbone of the company. Metrics/margins are important but you are losing top people necessary to make Avaya a great company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Started off with promise... now not so sure.

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The BBEs, the guys in the trenches, you can't ask for a better set of people to work with. Our direct manager trying his best to keep morale up.

Cons

3 different managers in the past 2 years, benefits keep getting cut back, no promotions, no bonuses, no raises, people getting let go left and right, increased responsibility without increased compensation, a "management doesn't care this is the way it has to be done" mentality, restructuring of business and people to make your job much harder than it needs to be, numbers focused without caring for the individual employee, no recognition or rewards for your efforts, conflicting goals, asking engineers to do more and more admin stuff that needs to be done by a separate team, feedback to senior managers ignored, senior managers trying to make themselves look good micromanaging while not actually doing anything other than making your job harder, mandatory furloughs, loss of pervious holidays, morale in all-time low... I can go on and on and on...

Advice to Management

In your effort to chase the mighty dollar to make yourselves look good for when you go public, I am afraid that you are stepping all over the little guys. You've lost any culture and loyalty you've had with your employees, who are now seen as pawns to some greater goal that you are not planning to include us in.

2. Integrating Nortel NES still a problem

I have been working at Avaya

Pros

I've been at Avaya a long time, I have a job, thank you.

Cons

Challenges continue with Nortel integration into Avaya culture. Even three years after Avaya bought NES, too many Norties are still drinking their good ol days Kool-Aid. They've also infiltrated many higher areas of the organization, but hopefully not enough to bring down Avaya like they did NES. Plenty of good NES resources, but also plenty of whiners and elitists who balk at Avaya process and think Avaya hasn't a clue with voice nor data. If we all suck, please leave. We're sorry we rescued what was left of your company. There are plenty of people out there who would be thankful to have your job.

Advice to Management

Please identify, then rehabilitate or dump the NES dissenters and power grabbers. I'd like to not lose my job due to their actions.