Very respectful and professional immediate management

Former Employee - R&D Software Engineer  in  Westminster, CO
Former Employee - R&D Software Engineer in Westminster, CO

I worked at Avaya full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Latitude in learning, contributing and lateral movement. Development and high-end engineering is granted autonomy to perform work as the employee sees fit, as long as the work gets done. Very strong support at director and VP levels.

Cons

$2.9B debt, due in 2017 and 2021. Lower engineering tiers are very structured during work hours. Currently in a down-sizing mode.

Focus on long-term success instead of short-term revenues.

Other Reviews for Avaya

The Power of We

I have been working at Avaya full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My experience at Avaya has been good. I have the autonomy to fulfill my responsibilities without someone looking over my shoulder. I also have the ability to support projects outside of my group.

Cons

At times, without executive support or sponsorship, it can be difficult to make things happen. This can result in having to use escalations which should be unnecessary.

Clear strategic direction is paramount. Schedule a 'general' staff call atleast once per month, and keep that call a priority with your team - they want to hear from you and share their successes.

Senior Manager

I have been working at Avaya full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talented, dedicated people willing to work added hours to complete project. Good client focus. Strong salaries comparative.

Cons

Constant change in leadership. Company line on why high attrition is sounding like a broken record. Benefits overall are weak, and with every year, benefits (401K, medical, vacation time (now discretionary time off) are worst in class.

If leadership churn continues, CEO needs to take a hard look within. Instability at top cannot continue.

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!