Avaya

www.avaya.com

Relatively good experience with my first fortune 500 company

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery nice, capable, and talented co-workers, senior managers, and directors. Good CEO that communicates with the company well. Relatively well paying.

ConsBonus structure has thresholds almost impossible to attain so bonuses are almost non-existent. Constantly rotating C-level positions causes the department I am in to lurch in different directions every 18 months (we have had 3 C-level VP's in the 4 yrs I have been with the company). Draconian cost cutting on expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent C-level VP's and stick with them. Hire VP's that treat employees well instead of acting like children throwing a tantrum when they don't get what they want.

Challenged company in a competitive industry.

I have been working at Avaya

Pros: Big Company Salary, Better Leaders coming in. smart people already there and… Cons: Expensive health insurance, 401K match tied to company performance = no match, long product development cycles, slow innovation. Promotions go… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce the number of programs running and give more resources… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging times

I have been working at Avaya

Pros: Lots of challenging and interesting engineering projects Cons: To few people left for all the work remaining. More

There are newer reviews on Avaya.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!