There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

You have the power to manage your career

Current Employee - CSM in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - CSM in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Avaya full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, great training program and opportunities

Cons

A lot to learn and on boarding can be intimidating

989 Other Employee Reviews for Avaya (View Most Recent)

Good company, Good people, future questionable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Avaya full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of smart and good people to work with.
    Good pay and benefits (although benefits have decreased recently)
    Flexible with work schedule and times - as long as you perform and get your work done

Cons

Not convinced of financial viability. Was a former Nortel employee who got picked up by Avaya when Nortel went bankrupt. The exodus of executives and explanations of missing the numbers and assurances of future success had same tone as the final years at Nortel. They were pushing a volunteer separation package to minimize the number of layoffs. I jumped on it. No coincidence that the majority of people who took the package were former Nortel employees. We have seen this movie before and know how it ends. With that said, though, the communicated layoffs to take place after the separation packages never occurred to the best of my knowledge and they are hiring in the RTP area.

Another similarity with Nortel is that as people left the company, they were not back-filled and either their work got pushed on to those remaining or just dissolved. good to avoid layoffs, but crippled ability to have a career path as promotions and job movement seemed pretty stagnant (to me at least)

seems to be too much turnover at the executive levels. spend a year or two changing things to support a philosophy, then exec leaves, new one comes in and spend the next year or two changing things back to the way they were, then repeat process. i don't think this is limited to Avaya, but still seems an issue to me in limiting efficiency and growth.

It is good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Avaya full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Make people work hard and feel comfortable in company. People are very talent and frendly.

Cons

As there is no admin staff in local, most things should be done personally. Salary level can not say that it is very good.

Need to understand local's sales culture, fore example,
     - Need to meet technical features rather than stress on solution
     - Need to be price competitive

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya