There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Hard work gets rewarded.

Current Employee - Global Account Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Global Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avaya

Pros

Savvy leadership
Industry powerhouse
Good salary
Tremendous knowledge sharing
Solid coworkers

Cons

Leadership is opportunistic
Gameplan must be executed at all costs

Take a breath. Continue to reward the talent. They're some of the best in the whole industry

985 Other Employee Reviews for Avaya (View Most Recent)

Used to be a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I worked at Avaya

Pros

The people are great: honest, hardworking, team-players, trying to do their best for their customers. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

I was there for 15 years, and it used to be wonderful. We were all working hard, trying to build a company together -- and we survived against all odds. Management cultivated its employees and acted on suggestions for improvement.

Today, though, Avaya is owned by a private equity partnership that is not looking to the future. Instead of cultivating talent, the partnership hires low-cost employees overseas, has the American workers train them, and then lays off the Americans. While I have great respect for the overseas employees that I've met on the phone, I'm also aware that they do not know the history behind the tangled databases, which means that they could make some horrendous mistakes.

Information doesn't flow well. A communications company should communicate better! If you cultivate your employees, they will create whatever solution you seek.

A view from the inside

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Avaya

Pros

Quality products. Dedicated to the medium and large business segment of the marketplace. Wekk known reputation. Global market presence. Recently acquired Nortel, so opportunities have increased.

Cons

Focus on the needs and requirements of the small business segment (<50 users) is fading. Limited career advancement opportunities from within the organisation. Would rather hire from the outside marketplace than promote from within.

Focus on your current employee base. Make sure salaries are up to par with those of other key competitors (especially those of us with more than 20+ years of service.) Promote from within the organisation. Do not abandon your base of small businesses - they keep the lights on for your dealers until they can close on the larger sales opportunities. Bring manufacturing back to the USA .

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya