There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Not good almost cost me everything

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Did not see any. Local management was interested in a takeover so they could cash out from previous investment. The all left and new management had to restart local branch. New management is excellent but it must be tough on her in NYC.

Cons

Did not enjoy experience. I came from Nortel and they did not beleive in selling the newest products they had. Old sales guys sold old gear and new apps sat on the shelf. Contact Center was not backed by management and they let it ride casuing many in CC sales to bale out. Loss of excellent people to other companies. Cause of heart attack from the stress and loss of short term memory. It was too much. No enjoyment. Many Nortel customer left on the side of the road. I now make extra cash cleaning up the customers they let slide.. Any WFO or Call Recording folks it is ripe for picking

Advice to Management

Get with the program, you are losing Marketshare. Some applications in CC area have a 16 week wait for install or admin work by professional services. No coverage on WFO, Contact Recording. recruiter are calling everywhere looking for help

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good people, old technology, too much churn, understaffed, weak product strategy, and ineffective upper management.

Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people with lots of experience. Lots of technical capability. Decent salary and benefits for many. Some willingness to take risks on new product ideas and new technologies.

Cons

Way too much management churn and staff turn over. Still trying to boil the ocean and support too many products. Old technologies and are rapidly becoming uncompetitive with newer software-based products.

Advice to Management

Work on realistic strategies and product schedules and staff your programs appropriately to have a better chance at successfully shipping products on time.

2. I feel sorry for my friends

Former Employee - Software Architect in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Westminster, CO

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Nice co-workers. Nice Building ;)

Cons

Slow but steady decay. Large debt. Politics took over. Constant experimentation with upper and middle management.