There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Good place to work, not a good place for a career.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Avaya full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers make this place exciting, but it's the technology that makes it fantastic! We have some of the best products in the industry, and are a true market leader. You'll never be let down by the products.

Cons

Technical resources are spread thin. Currently hiring freezes and attrition have made the workload almost unmanageable.

Advice to Management

It's time to quit hiring more VP level people from outside and get more people who actually do the work that needs doing. I have had to train my last two managers who came from elsewhere only to see them depart when they couldn't get it. How about we promote from within?

Other Employee Reviews for Avaya

1. On the wane

Pros

Challenging, high tech environment requiring constant updates to your skills

Cons

Full of management from Nortel (the company who went bankrupt), constant downsizing

2. Exciting Times

Pros

Passion to win. investing in customer solutions, hiring to talent, and getting things done. New leadership is reshaping the culture and puts customer first. People are empowered to make decisions and get things done. Competitive products and solutions.

Cons

Brand is not well known. Marketing . A lot of change ( for the good) . Silo's of people and functions that have not embraced change and the new direction. Feels like we have added a lot of weight at top management. Product development needs to breakout and make a difference.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Be completely transparent. Fix our branding. Need to create technology tornados through development and leadership.