Avaya

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Internship at Avaya Labs was a great opportunity

Former Employee - Research Scientist Intern in Basking Ridge, NJ
Former Employee - Research Scientist Intern in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Avaya as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was offered a lot of leeway in choosing my project and implementing it. I was given a mentor to work with who really was great. Some internship events where we met senior management, etc.

Cons

They let a large number of people go while I was there, many of whom had been there for years. I don't think they'll be hiring in the Labs anytime soon. It also broke the continuity, since my supervisor left in the middle, pretty abruptly. Intern events were pretty stilted and not terribly interesting.

1026 Other Employee Reviews for Avaya (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I worked at Avaya full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance- A lot of work is from home/remote, so it's easy to integrate life events into work. Good health/dental/eye benefits.

Cons

What I've learned most is that every step of sales is met with challenges. If you are selling into Territory, this is your best bet- strategic/globals is quite a challenge. We have so many products and different iterations within each category, that trying to find a solution that will all work together is a nightmare- and will require professional services to make it work. The technology sits on code from bell labs days- so every idea seems great, until the heavy lifting begins.

Compensation and goals are out of whack. Your goal will likely be unachievable, which is extremely un motivating. Promises to help you may be made but aren't kept.

there's a revolving door at the top, which makes things confusing. Each month shows a different strategy or pain point they want the field to focus on.

Get younger mindset. Figure out the cloud story- because it's unclear and always changing. Beef up marketing and get in peoples faces. Maybe a tagline like- "Avaya- we're not a phone company any more". Give incentive to your sales people and they will be loyal. Don't treat them as you have over the years- that's why they leave.

Not too good, not too bad, but it's time to move on

Former Employee - Senior Manager IT in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager IT in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Avaya full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good technology, nice co-workers, flexible schedule and allow working remotely, pay is decent.

Cons

Everything else - starting from CEO and EC members. I used to be a fan of the current CEO but he can't seem to be able to recruit qualified EC members - None of the EC members sticks around more than 2-3 years (either got fired or walk away) in last 6 years. The ship is sinking ...

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya