Avaya

www.avaya.com

Few development opportunities remained in California

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsOpportunity to learn/employ new technologies. Interesting/challenging work. Engaged first/second level managers and coworkers. In general, good inter-team cooperation. Worldwide, many very technically astute employees. Above average benefits.

ConsToo much reliance on old-technology products, with new product development geared toward sustaining the golden goose. Management sometimes makes short-sighted decisions in quest to save a buck (e.g. fragmenting product development team to the extent that it is very difficult for globally dispersed teams to get anything done.).

Advice to Senior ManagementReject product management bloated product feature sets that kill time-to-market. Continue townhall meetings to keep employees informed.

Great opportunities to make a contribution

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Avaya full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Significant opportunities to make contributions in cloud, video and… Cons: Culture change ongoing at Avaya as the company focuses on … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great internship, but company morale is not encouraging

Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Avaya as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Co-operative Colleagues, Good Salary, Fitness Studio Cons: Low employee morale Everyone badmouths the company Advice to Senior Management: Do something to create confidence in your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Avaya.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!