There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Great place to work, good career so far.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Avaya full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong team to work with in my geography. Hard work yields results and recognition. Can do pretty much what you want to develop your career and experience. Good immediate leadership.

Cons

Frequent executive changes, product roadmap changes, product management changes. Back office processes need to be fixed, everyone should be working with the same goal in mind - customer satisfaction and getting things done. Services should worry about serving the customer and las about closing their tickets and incorrect records showing no support.

Fix internal processes if you really want to move this company forward. Develop easily digestible product roadmap and stick to it.

reviews filtered by
  1. Everyone out for themselves

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Avaya full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Current team works closely together, with good support from first/second level management. I am empowered and expected to run with issues to resolution.

Cons

Dysfunctional organizations after years of cuts in employees and benefits. Crisis management is the new norm, as tier 1 through 4 support has been gutted, with overall skill levels dropping. Only through critical escalations do the right resources get applied...a vicious cycle as upskilling no longer exists.
    Accountability is almost non-existent, as everyone keeps head down for fear of showing up on the next FMP list.
    What has become plainly obvious is that long term employee investment has been sacrificed in order to support management levels above 40 (Dir). Senior executives have continued to enrich themselves through outrageous salaries and benefits while eliminating pay increases for the rest of the company. KJK himself now has a pay package exceeding $7M...well over 400% increase over the last year.

You are unwilling to consider true employment advice, opting instead for whatever business/financial event will guarantee your options. All employee broadcasts are a joke, as true sentiment is ignored.
    If there was a concern for long term viability, I'd have constructive advice to give.

They speak of great culture and ethics, while working towards a slavery model.

Current Employee - Tier III Support Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tier III Support Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Avaya full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Avaya seems to be fairly competitive with wages. They have a lot of intelligent people and great technology.

Cons

Avaya culture has changed dramatically over the last decade. A company that once went out of its way to reward loyalty and recognize their employees, now moves forward with an attitude of "It is a privilege to work for us, if you don't like what we are doing, you are free to leave." They no longer care to have conversations about what is wrong with the infrastructure or how it can be streamlined. Instead it has become a dictatorship where they continue to "take from" rather than "give to" their employees. Just as Network World was announcing that Kevin Kennedy received a fivefold pay increase, Avaya announced (without warning) that they were taking away our accrued vacation model and going to a Discretionary Time Off (DTO) model. With the new model you have to negotiate with your manager to get time off and you do NOT accumulate vacation. If they feel that the "Needs of the Business" will allow for some time off, they may grant it to you if they deem you so worthy. (but one should not expect the same amount of time off that was previously earned through tenure.) So those that have been loyal for many years, essentially lose the additional time off that they earned through hard work. They also continue to shave away at the benefits and reduce the rewards. Then they spin the announcements in an attempt to make the changes appear attractive and appropriate. If you take the time to review their strategy and the changes they have made, it is very apparent that they are slowly working their employees towards a perfect slavery model where only the masters benefit. Avaya has had many internal problems for many years and they remain unresolved. If Avaya customers had any idea just how unstable and unreliable the tools are the we use to support them, they would find it hard to sleep at night. This was once a great place to work and I was proud to be Avayan. Unfortunately those days are gone and I no longer hold the pride I once enjoyed.

My team and I have gone to management many times to point out issues and help bring resolution. Unfortunately arrogance and ego prevents the upper management from having any 'take away' from the lower echelons. I have a book of documentation on issues and how they can be resolved. It has become apparent our attempts have been a waste so I will not waste more time in this venue.

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya