Avaya

Limited growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Avaya full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment. Full benefits.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities Multiple rounds of downsizing.

1026 Other Employee Reviews for Avaya (View Most Recent)

Depressing

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Denver, CO

I have been working at Avaya full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Other employees help you get through the day

Cons

Management, Benefits, Services organization, lack of respect for what employees contribute

Read the feedback on the Dennison surveys. Start exploring alternative CEO and HR leadership

Not a long term place to work ... going down the tubes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Avaya full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent engineers and depending on the project interesting technology to work on. The only reason I have stayed for so long is the profound respect I have for my co-workers

Cons

With a few exceptions, and there are some, senior management could not care less about people, and sometimes one wonders if they care about the company long term . The decisions that are made are so short sighted that for 4 years we have been thinking that we are going to be sold next week. The focus is solely on what the numbers look like for the next quarter. If the numbers are not good people are laid off or buildings are sold to make them look better. Well, we have run out of buildings to sell, and as far as laying people off we are at the point where we do not have critical mass to get much done, so guess where sales are going to keep going ....
    In addition, the way people get laid off is chilling. You are in better shape if you sign up to a voluntary termination package. But if you are targeted and you did not know it, you simply disappear from one day to the next. No announcements to the rest of the people, or notice. You are simply gone.
    I have to mention how particularly clueless is our CEO. One day when he was not particularly happy about quality numbers, his comment to all employees was "Developers put bugs in the code, not management". If anything shows ignorance about software development, which nowadays is the bread and butter of the company, I don't know what does. Like unreasonable deadlines, understaffing and outsourcing do not have an impact on quality.

Just go away please ... you have done absolutely nothing for this company for 5 years. Can't you see that? Why don't you have a little bit of integrity, recognize your failure and let somebody else give it a try ... In any case you will not have this job in 2-3 years because there will be no job to have.

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya