There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

Avaya has been a great start to my career and has helped me build skills that I didn't know I was capable of acquiring.

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Avaya full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part about Avaya is the energy and motivation that the employees bring to the company. The innovation at the company will take it to new heights! Being able to work virtually from anywhere in the world is a great flexibility. This also allows for great work/personal life balance.

Cons

The name of the company isn't out there like the competitors are. Marketing just needs to be more for the company for people to know who exactly Avaya is during a random conversation.

Encouraging further education would only be beneficial to the company in the long run. So having reimbursement plans for that would be great.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southfield, MI

I worked at Avaya full-time

Pros

Avaya products and solution are tops in their class and their people are intelligent with good work ethics. The salaries are good and so are the benefits.

Cons

The current leadership seems to be conflicted in the direction that Avaya will be going. Having much of their backbone support remotely located in non- US countries has opened up complaints from internal employees and customers because of language issues with this foreign staff.

Having the backbone support located in the US makes more sense for US customers and employees. The constant repeating of information because you can not understand what the person is saying is an unreasonable burden for customers especially.

2. A challenging corporate environment

Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Avaya full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Respectable market position if only bold enough to fully leverage it. Needs decisive actions (leadership change) to move forward. Good comraderie in the trenches

Cons

Increasingly challenging environment with revolving door of leadership. Mass exodus of talent over the past few years leaves the business a hollow shell

There are newer employer reviews for Avaya